To maintain a Research Ethics Service to protect the rights, dignity and welfare of research participants within the HSC System/NHS, and to protect the rights of researchers to perform ethical research and legitimate investigation.
- To support the HSC RECs and link with the National Research Ethics Service (NRES)
- Ensure the HSC RECS comply with governance arrangements as set out in the Northern Ireland Research Governance Framework, GAfREC and the UK Clinical Trials Regulation (2004)
- Provide training and administrative support to the HSC RECs
- Ensure all stakeholders understand arrangements
- Develop and maintain effective working arrangements
Currently seeking new REC Members
For more information, please click on the Public Appointments link.
Core Business Hours
The OREC NI office business hours for receipt of applications and taking telephone bookings for applications are as follows:
Monday - Thursday: 09.00 - 17.00
Friday: 09.00 - 16.00
Office for Research Ethics Committees Northern Ireland (ORECNI)
Business Services Organisation
Unit 4, Lissue Industrial Estate West
Lisburn BT28 2RF
General ORECNI Tel: 028 9536 1400
Alternatively you can email your query to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond as soon as possible.