To maintain a Research Ethics Service to protect the rights, dignity and welfare of research participants within the HSC System/NHS, and to protect the rights of researchers to perform ethical research and legitimate investigation.
- To support the HSC RECs and link with the National Research Ethics Service (NRES)
- Ensure the HSC RECS comply with governance arrangements as set out in the Northern Ireland Research Governance Framework, GAfREC and the UK Clinical Trials Regulation (2004)
- Provide training and administrative support to the HSC RECs
- Ensure all stakeholders understand arrangements
- Develop and maintain effective working arrangements
Core Business Hours
The OREC NI office business hours for receipt of applications and taking telephone bookings for applications are as follows:
Monday - Thursday: 09.00 - 17.00
Friday: 09.00 - 16.00
Office for Research Ethics Committees Northern Ireland (ORECNI)
Business Services Organisation
Unit 4, Lissue Industrial Estate West
Lisburn BT28 2RF
General ORECNI Tel: 028 9536 1400
Alternatively you can email your query to: email@example.com and we will respond as soon as possible.